During the first weekend of October took place 7th and last round of Oponeo Polish Rallycross Championship 2019. This year was the first one when the Polish Rallycross Championship was opened for foreign competitors, who hold a valid licence issued by EU-based ASN. This was one of the most significant changes, since drivers from other countries could score points and fight for the championship titles in Poland.
Public could see great rivalry in the following categories:
- SuperCars: 4×4, turbocharged engines up to 2058 cm3 (petrol) or 2333 cm3 (diesel)
- SuperCars Light: 4×4, turbocharged engines with 33 mm turbo restrictor, no sequential gearbox
- SuperNational: 2WD cars, 3 sub-categories – up to 1600 cm3, from 1600 up to 2000 cm3 and Open – from 2000 cm3 up to 5000 cm3
- RWD Cup: one make class for BMW e36 drivers. Maximum engine displacement is 2000 cm3. Body styles permitted: coupe, sedan, estate. One size and model of tyre for every competitor (ZEETEX ZT1000, 195/65 R15)
- SC Cup: one make class for Fiat Seicento drivers. Maximum engine displacement is 1108 cm3. One size and two models of tyres available: 155/65 R13 Kormoran Impulser B2 or 155/65 R13 ZEETEX ZT1000
Oponeo Polish Rallycross Championship grows and develops year by year. We are happy to see that and be part of that great event!